Teaching Fellows students have won multiple awards across the campus for this academic year (2010-2011). The full list is below.
Kim Waddell (junior Fellow)
- Awarded “Best Essay” at the English Senior Seminar’s Conference on Villainy.
- Presented a paper at the Undergraduate Research Expo.
- Won the Senior Seminar Conference NCUR (the National Conference on Undergraduate Research).
- Served as a general editor on staff for a book that my 18th Century Literature class published.
Jon Sale (sophomore Fellow)
- Competed in and won the Western Carolina Civic Orchestra Solo Competition and got to perform my solo with the organization a couple of weeks ago.
Greg Carpenter (sophomore Fellow)
- Won the WCU Wind Ensemble Solo Competition
Joel Jeffries (freshman Fellow)
- Awarded the Outstanding Freshman of the School of Music.
Kerri Bernhardt (graduate Teaching Fellow)
- Received the Outstanding Graduate Student award from the Mathematics and Computer Science Department. This award is given to the top graduate student or students as selected by the graduate committee from the department.
Kasey Jones (freshman Teaching Fellow)
Kristy Decker (freshman Teaching Fellow)
Adam Schrum (freshman Teaching Fellow)
- Received freshman mathematics awards
Amanda Smith (junior Teaching Fellow)
- The Cooperative Student Fellowship (a new campus ministry this year) received an award for the Best New Student Organization (2010-2011) at an awards banquet sponsored by SGA.
Our 2010-2011 Leadership Team has 4 Teaching Fellows on it:
Amanda Smith – Team Leader; Daniel Allen – Assistant Team Leader; Christine Weathers – Missions Leader; Melani Lippard – Programs Leader
Next year’s (2011-2012) Leadership Team also has 4 Teaching Fellows on it:
Amanda Smith – Team Leader; Ethan Dyer – Missions Leader; Melani Lippard – Programs Leader; Rachel Thrasher – Communications Leader
Angie Pegram (junior Teaching Fellow)
- Voted as Song Director for fraternity, Sigma Alpha Iota. Position allows opportunity to select repertoire and run rehearsals with the Sisterhood as well as plan the Musicale that is performed publicly every semester.
Angie Pegram, Kelly Litfin (junior Teaching Fellows)
- Invited to join Pi Kappa Lambda, the National Music Honors Fraternity at WCU.
Kriston Haynes (sophomore Teaching Fellow)
- Awarded the Dean Plemmons Scholarship. The purpose of this scholarship is to provide support for returning students who are active or were past participants in at least three of the following organizations or activities:
– A campus social organization (fraternity or sorority)
– A civic or campus service organization
– A campus academic honor society
– A campus organization that promotes WCU (athletic team, EnTOURage, band, etc.)
– Grade requirement of 3.0 GPA
Brandon Wilson (sophomore Teaching Fellow)
- RA of the Month for March
-RA of the month is any RA who has gone above and beyond the expectations and responsibilities of the job. The RA of the month also demonstrates great leadership and connections with his/her residents and builds by conducting meaningful programs and forming a strong community
- Emerging Male Leader of the Year Award
-Awarded to one rising sophomore or junior male and female who show great promise in areas of academics and leadership in and out of the classroom.
- Future Business Leaders of America Phi Beta Lambda (created by Brandon Wilson) won the Most Improved Organization of the Year Award