Kim Winter has been chosen for the Coulter Regional Leadership Program, which welcomed its third and largest cohort this June. The program is part of the WNC Leadership Initiative, which brings together members of the Eastern Band of Cherokee Indian and residents of WNC counties to tackle social, cultural and economic challenges in the region.
The annual CEAP Golf Classic will be held on Saturday, June 11 at Crooked Creek Golf Course in Hendersonville, NC. Registration begins at noon and play will be followed by an awards ceremony with door prizes. The tournament benefits the scholarship funds in the college. See the tournament brochure for more information.
The college has released the Spring 2016 edition of CEAP News, the newsletter for the college. The newsletter showcases students, alumni, faculty, and staff, including awards, scholarships, and service both locally and internationally.
- University Scholar Award – Alvin Malesky
- Last Lecture Award – Windy Gordon
- Academic Program of Excellence Award – Parks and Recreation Management Program
The following were nominated for university-wide awards:
- Chancellor’s Distinguished Teaching Award – Nancy Luke, Alvin Malesky
- Star Staff Award – Susan Buchanan, Melinda Cooper, Renee Corbin, Denise Royer, Jenny Stewart, Rachel Wike
- Bright Idea Staff Award – Regina Aton
- Judy H. Dowell Outstanding Support Staff Award – Steve McClure
- Paul A. Reid Distinguished Service Award, Faculty – David McCord
- Innovative Scholarship Award – Patricia Bricker, Kelly Kelley, Robert Crow, Justin Menickelli