The college has released the Spring 2016 edition of CEAP News, the newsletter for the college. The newsletter showcases students, alumni, faculty, and staff, including awards, scholarships, and service both locally and internationally.
- University Scholar Award – Alvin Malesky
- Last Lecture Award – Windy Gordon
- Academic Program of Excellence Award – Parks and Recreation Management Program
The following were nominated for university-wide awards:
- Chancellor’s Distinguished Teaching Award – Nancy Luke, Alvin Malesky
- Star Staff Award – Susan Buchanan, Melinda Cooper, Renee Corbin, Denise Royer, Jenny Stewart, Rachel Wike
- Bright Idea Staff Award – Regina Aton
- Judy H. Dowell Outstanding Support Staff Award – Steve McClure
- Paul A. Reid Distinguished Service Award, Faculty – David McCord
- Innovative Scholarship Award – Patricia Bricker, Kelly Kelley, Robert Crow, Justin Menickelli
Dr. Lynn Sacco, University of Tennessee – Knoxville, will speak at the Ron Morrow Lecture Series on the topic “Act Like a Man: Easier Said Than Done…what it means to be a man and how nobody really knows what that means.” The presentation will be held Wed, Feb. 17, 5 pm, in Killian 102. Q&A session to follow. All are welcome.