Application Workshops for Spring 2014 Internship/Student Teaching will be held:
Tuesday, August 27, 8:00-9:00am, Killian 102
Wednesday, August 28, 12:00-1:00, Killian 102
Thursday, August 29, 5:30-6:30, Killian 102
The college welcomes the following new faculty and staff:
- Ethan Schilling – Assistant Professor of School Psychology
- Tom Ford – Professor, Psychology
- Holly Pinter – Assistant Professor, Elementary/Middle Grades Education
- Kelly Kelley – Assistant Professor, Special Education
- Tom Watterson – Assistant Professor, Health and Physical Education
- Rebekah Norris – UP Program Coordinator
- Kofi Lomotey – John & Deborah Bardo Distinguished Professor, Educational Leadership
- Yogita Abichandani – Assisant Professor, Human Resources
- Jessica Weiler – Assistant Professor, Master of School Administration
- Amanda Chapman – Instructor, Office of Field Experiences
- Judy Fleming – Academic Advisor, TRACS
Internship/Student Teaching applications are now being accepted for the Spring, 2013 semester. Applications are due by 5pm, Friday, September 14, 2012 in the Office of Field Experiences (Killian 201 P). The application materials take several days to complete. Watch for several changes from last year’s process. See the Office of Field Experience web site and follow the links for details.
Applications are now being accepted for all early field experiences except EDCI 201. Placements will be made on a first come first serve basis. Please visit the Office of Field Experience Web Page at ofe.wcu.edu for details and classes affected. Contact Linda Raxter with any questions: 227-7314.
We have developed a consolidated application for courses that require an early field experience where placements will be made by OFE (Block, PSY 323, SPED 339, methods courses [some methods courses are made by individual programs, but if OFE is making the placements, the students need to complete the application]).
The application is now active in TaskStream (there is no paper application), and students should complete it once they register for spring courses. The deadline is November 18, though we will certainly accept late applications if students are unable to register now for some reason (not being admitted to the Teacher Education program yet, for example). Watch this video to see how the process works in TaskStream.
Contact the Office of Field Experiences for more information.