The college has released the Spring 2016 edition of CEAP News, the newsletter for the college. The newsletter showcases students, alumni, faculty, and staff, including awards, scholarships, and service both locally and internationally.
- University Scholar Award – Alvin Malesky
- Last Lecture Award – Windy Gordon
- Academic Program of Excellence Award – Parks and Recreation Management Program
The following were nominated for university-wide awards:
- Chancellor’s Distinguished Teaching Award – Nancy Luke, Alvin Malesky
- Star Staff Award – Susan Buchanan, Melinda Cooper, Renee Corbin, Denise Royer, Jenny Stewart, Rachel Wike
- Bright Idea Staff Award – Regina Aton
- Judy H. Dowell Outstanding Support Staff Award – Steve McClure
- Paul A. Reid Distinguished Service Award, Faculty – David McCord
- Innovative Scholarship Award – Patricia Bricker, Kelly Kelley, Robert Crow, Justin Menickelli
Bruce Henderson, professor of psychology, has instituted a “technology break” in his classes as a result of his research and reading on the use of phones in the classroom. Henderson worked with Dakota Lawson, a graduate student, to publish their research results in “The Costs of Texting in the Classroom” in the journal College Teaching. See The Reporter for more information.