Kim Winter has been chosen for the Coulter Regional Leadership Program, which welcomed its third and largest cohort this June. The program is part of the WNC Leadership Initiative, which brings together members of the Eastern Band of Cherokee Indian and residents of WNC counties to tackle social, cultural and economic challenges in the region.
The college has released the Spring 2016 edition of CEAP News, the newsletter for the college. The newsletter showcases students, alumni, faculty, and staff, including awards, scholarships, and service both locally and internationally.
- University Scholar Award – Alvin Malesky
- Last Lecture Award – Windy Gordon
- Academic Program of Excellence Award – Parks and Recreation Management Program
The following were nominated for university-wide awards:
- Chancellor’s Distinguished Teaching Award – Nancy Luke, Alvin Malesky
- Star Staff Award – Susan Buchanan, Melinda Cooper, Renee Corbin, Denise Royer, Jenny Stewart, Rachel Wike
- Bright Idea Staff Award – Regina Aton
- Judy H. Dowell Outstanding Support Staff Award – Steve McClure
- Paul A. Reid Distinguished Service Award, Faculty – David McCord
- Innovative Scholarship Award – Patricia Bricker, Kelly Kelley, Robert Crow, Justin Menickelli
The college is considering alternatives to TaskStream, our electronic portfolio system. Demonstrations of two other systems will be held Thursday, December 10 in Killian 102. LiveText will present at 10 am and Tk20 will present at 1:30 pm. Faculty, staff, students, and school partners are encouraged to attend. Please provide your feedback on these alternatives through this survey: https://goo.gl/ojboRX.