This spring, students in the master’s degree program in human resources, led by Dr. Marie-Line Germain, served as pro bono consultants for businesses in the region. Students developed and delivered eight projects for various entities, including a nonprofit organization, a locally owned small business, and a town government. Source: The Reporter
Cory Causby, a 16-year veteran of the human resources and payroll offices at WCU, has been appointed to the post of Associate Vice Chancellor for Human Resources. Causby is a graduate of the MS in Human Resources (2001) and the EdD in Educational Leadership (2010) programs. See the article in The Reporter for more information.
The Masters of Human Resources Program (MSHR) has been included in the Best Online Human Resources Programs list produced by BestOnlineColleges.org. The list is based on student surveys, program reputation, and job placement.
The college welcomes the following new faculty and staff:
- Ethan Schilling – Assistant Professor of School Psychology
- Tom Ford – Professor, Psychology
- Holly Pinter – Assistant Professor, Elementary/Middle Grades Education
- Kelly Kelley – Assistant Professor, Special Education
- Tom Watterson – Assistant Professor, Health and Physical Education
- Rebekah Norris – UP Program Coordinator
- Kofi Lomotey – John & Deborah Bardo Distinguished Professor, Educational Leadership
- Yogita Abichandani – Assisant Professor, Human Resources
- Jessica Weiler – Assistant Professor, Master of School Administration
- Amanda Chapman – Instructor, Office of Field Experiences
- Judy Fleming – Academic Advisor, TRACS